How we take utmost care of your privacy
In addition to operating this website (“Website”), Espressso Labs offers a communication service system (“the Espressso Labs Communication System”) which is designed to improve communication between guests and the hotel staff. The Espressso Labs Communication System makes use of voice-controlled, Internet-connected devices to receive guest requests and direct them to appropriate hotel staff or systems. Hotel Staff receive these requests either through applications provided by the specific providers that Espressso Labs partners with, or using Espressso Labs’ mobile and desktop app – the dashboard app.
Please read the following information carefully to understand our practices regarding your information.
– Website Visitors. Scroll down to learn about how we collect, use and process your information when you visit our Website.
– Users of the Espressso Labs Communication System. Scroll down to learn about how we collect, use and process your Personal Data when you use the Espressso Labs Communication System.
– Users of the dashboard app. Scroll Below To learn about how we collect, use and process your Personal Data when you use the dashboard app.
This policy describes how Espressso Labs collects, uses, processes and shares your information when you visit the Website.
Our Website also may contain links to and from the websites of others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any information that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites or use these services.
What information do we collect from you?
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain categories of information from or about you.
We automatically collect information about your computer and internet connection. When you visit our Website, we collect certain information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other device that you have used to access the Website. This information includes:
- Your IP address;
- Device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system; and
- Standard web and technical usage information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Website.
We collect this information so that we can administer our Website, optimize the Website for you, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activity in connection with our Website.
We collect your contact information if you provide it to us. We collect your contact information if you provide it directly to us through the Website. For example, through our Website, you can provide us your name, company email address and phone number in order to request a demo of our products and services. We collect this information so that we can communicate with you about our products and services.
Cookies – When you access the Website, we also place small data files called cookies on your computer or other device. Cookies may be either ”persistent“ cookies or ”session“ cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user before the expiration date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Your browser contains features to help you manage, delete, and prohibit the placement of cookies.
In addition to cookies that are strictly necessary to operate the Website, we use the following cookies:
Functional Cookies – We use these cookies to enhance your experience on our website.
Analytical/performance Cookies – We use these cookies to collect information about your browsing activities over time and across different websites following your use of the Website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works. We use web analytics tools that help us understand how Users engage with the Website. Such tools use first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our Website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of web analytics tools without affecting how you visit our Website.
How do we use the information we collect from you?
We use the information we collect from you through the Website as follows:
- We use the information we collect through the Website to administer our Website, optimize the Website for you, troubleshoot any issues with the Website, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activity on and in connection with our Website;
- We use the contact information you provide us through the Website to communicate with you regarding our products and services;
- We use the information we collect from you through the Website to enforce our Website terms and conditions, detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent or other illegal activities involving the Website, protect the rights and property of Espressso Labs and others, and as required by legal process or where we have a public or legal duty to use the information; and
- We may use the information we collect from you through the Website in any manner where we have first asked for your permission to do so and you agree.
Who do we share your information with?
- We may share your information with our service providers. We use third party service providers to help us perform the activities described in the section “How do we use the information we collect from you?” We may share your information with those service providers. For example, we use service providers to help us operate and optimize our Website. These service providers include web hosting and customer relationship management providers. We may share the information we collect with these service providers so they can perform the services we ask of them. We also use third party service providers to help us communicate with you when you provide us your contact information. We share your contact information with these service providers to perform the services we ask of them.
- We may share your information in connection with legal requests or requirements. If we have a public or legal duty to share your information with a third party (for example to assist with detecting fraud, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our terms and conditions, to meet regulatory reporting requirements, to engage in litigation or in defending legal rights), we may share your information accordingly.
- We may share your personal information in connection with a corporate change. We may share your information with a company if we plan to merge with that company or substantially all or part of our assets are to be acquired by such company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or financing.
- We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information for marketing by third parties.
How do we secure your information?
We take reasonable administrative and technical steps to secure the information we collect. For example, communications between your browser and the Website are encrypted. Please note that that the security of data or information transmitted over the Internet or other publicly accessible networks cannot be guaranteed. We secure the information we collect in part by retaining it only for a reasonable period of time.
Children – Notice to Parents
Our Website is not designed for or targeted toward users who might be under the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 for any purpose. In some cases, especially where information is collected automatically and/or electronically, we may be unable to determine whether information was collected from a child under the age of 13. Espressso Labs treats this information as if it were provided by an adult. If we learn that we have personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will work to delete such information and take any other steps as required under applicable law.
Changes to this Policy
Users of the Espressso Labs Communication System
About the Espressso Labs communication system
Espressso Labs offers a communication service system (“the Espressso Labs Communication System”) which is designed to improve communication between guests and their hotel’s staff.
The Espressso Labs Communication System makes use of voice-controlled, Internet-connected devices (“Voice Assistants”) installed at the facilities of hotel’s luxury cars or in hotel guest rooms, as well as mobile applications, to receive requests made by guests and direct them to appropriate hotel staff. Hotel staff receive the requests either through systems and applications operated by the Provider or through Espressso Labs’ app – the dashboard App. Hotel Staff may use these applications to receive, review, respond to, and monitor requests.
This policy describes how Espressso Labs collects, uses, processes and shares your information when you use the Espressso Labs Communication System. This policy does not describe the data practices of:
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect certain information about Users of the Espressso Labs Communication System in order to operate the Espressso Labs Communication System and to improve it. Users include anyone who sends or receives requests using the Espressso Labs Communication System (like guests or their hotel staff).
The Espressso Labs Communication System is designed to collect requests from guests using Voice Assistants or mobile applications. Our system then directs those requests to the appropriate staff or systems. To perform that service, we collect the following information, including from guests:
- Information from the use of the Espressso Labs Communication System. We collect the voice requests that guests make using Voice Assistants, and we direct those requests to hotel staff.
- Information about guests. Espressso Labs has no integrations with the hotel PMS to obtain any Personally Identifiable Information about the guest. We however take the access to the anonymous voice recordings of guests obtained during their interaction with the Espressso Labs Communication System by the consent of the hotel and we use it only for improving our services.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We share the information we collect in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- We use the information we collect, including information from and about guests, and the use of the Espressso Labs Communication System, and share it with hotel staff so that guest requests are received and directed to the right staff.
- We use the information we collect, including information from and about hotel, guest service requests and the information on use of the Espressso Labs Communication System and share it with service providers to operate and improve the Espressso Labs Communication System.
- We may share the information we collect, including information from and about hotel, guests, and the use of the Espressso Labs Communication System with law enforcement or other third parties when we are legally required to do so – such as in response to a subpoena or judicial process – or generally in connection with the preservation of our legal rights and as permitted by law.
- We may share the information we collect, including information from and about hotel, guests, and the use of the Espressso Labs Communication System with a third party or affiliate in connection with a change in ownership, for example as a result of a corporate merger, acquisition, sale of substantially all the assets of Espressso Labs, bankruptcy, or financing transaction.
We do not share the information we collect, including information from and about hotel, guests, and the use of the Espressso Labs Communication System with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How We Use De-Identified Information
We may de-identify information we collect from the Espressso Labs Communication System and use the de-identified information to educate others about the Espressso Labs Communication System. For instance, we might publish metrics about how the Espressso Labs Communication System has improved response times, saved money, or improved quality of service.
When we use this information to educate others, we do not include information that can directly identify a User—such as names or email of the hotel guests.
We may also use de-identified information to improve the Espressso Labs Communication System. For instance, we will use de-identified information to make sure the Espressso Labs Communication System directs the right guest requests to the right types of departments and staff.
We may retain de-identified information indefinitely.
How We Secure Data
We take reasonable steps to secure the data we collect. All data sent using the Espressso Labs Communication System is encrypted in transit and in storage. We secure the data we collect in part by retaining it only for a reasonable time, as determined by the Providers we work with. Espressso Labs respects and protects your privacy, and always has since inception.
Scope of policy
Changes to policy
How you can manage, review and edit data?
You may ask us to change, update or fix your data that we possess if it’s inaccurate. You may request us to limit or stop using all or some of your personal data which we will do as soon as reasonably practicable, unless we determine it is necessary to provide our Service to you. You may at any time request to review any of the information that we have retained, learn how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it and/or request a copy of your personal data in our possession, which we will provide in machine readable form. You may also request that your personal information be deleted. If you wish to make any of these requests, please send us an email at email@example.com, and we will respond as soon as reasonably practicable. Under certain circumstances we may retain information, including personal information, if and for so long as it is necessary to provide you the Service, and after you cease using the Service if we determine it may be necessary to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce applicable legal terms, comply with applicable legal data retention obligations and/or take other actions permitted by law.
How to Contact Us